Week 3 of Self-Care September was a little less strenuous than Week 2. I finally had one glorious day off on Sunday, and it was perfect. I had brunch on the beach, watched some football, went cliff jumping!!!, and then ended the day sitting on the sand watching the sun go down.
San Diego is the best place to live.
The only imperfect part about Sunday was the yoga. I was all excited because I had gotten a voucher for a free week at a new studio in downtown La Jolla, and had picked out a yoga with weights class. I was up bright and early, ready to seize the day and conquer what I anticipated to be a little bit more challenging of a class.
The class was supposed to start at 8:15am and I arrived at about five till 8. Early enough to register and get settled in before the class began.
One problem: the doors were locked.
I double checked the schedule, which was posted on the door, and also looked online to make sure there weren’t any announcements about the class being cancelled. Nada. I waited around for another ten minutes, but to no avail. No-one showed up, and my big plans for yoga crumbled before my eyes.
So, I had to improvise. This was my day off, I didn’t have time to sit around being annoyed!
It was too late to try and find another yoga class in the area, and there was a fun day ahead of me to be had! I have a membership at 24 hour fitness, so I headed there instead. I hopped on the treadmill for cardio, and then did some self-guided yoga in a side room. No, it wasn’t very zen, but it was way better than not doing any at all.
This Week’s Triumphs…
- Cliff jumping. Exhilarating. A little bit terrifying. And I can now officially cross this off of my bucketlist!
- Adios, Living Social Coupon. The restaurant I serve at on the weekends was running a Living Social/Amazon Deals promotion which ended this week. We were slammed on Saturday with everyone coming in to claim it before it expired. Shifts have been stressful and never-ending for the past month. So. Happy. It’s. Done.
- Another Chargers victory. This will mean excited fans at the stadium for next Sunday’s game…
This Week’s Tribulations…
- Showing up to yoga class- and it’s cancelled.
- Realizing I don’t have another day off until Sunday…3 weeks from now.
- Not meeting my yoga goals. Frustrating, but there’s always Week 4! I have some exciting yoga classes planned.
My goals for Week 4 are: to appreciate the fact that Fall is finally here, maybe give in to the pumpkin spiced latte craze, and to try an aerial yoga class!
I hope that you all have an amazing week full of dreaming big, getting inspired, and living life to the fullest. 🙂
And here’s a bonus picture of Salem kickin’ back and hanging out, in case you needed a reminder on how to do life right. At least two of us in the household work hard….